Sunday 27 January 2008

Tribute to Bear

It has been an emotional weekend... many tears have been shed. But to cut the nitty gritty out basically it happened like this:
  1. My sister has a huge fight with her fience' - First set of tears


  2. DH and I gave away our baby for the last 3 years China... as many of you may know her from some of my work... she was becoming to much of a handfull and kept running away and with the baby here so soon we decided that she need to go to someone who could give all the attention that she deserves... she went to a really good home and is being spoilt :) - No tears but still sad


  3. I get totally over being pregnent and have a moment/several moments of tears - Second set of tears


  4. And finally My sister (yes the same sister who had the fight on friday night) had to put down her puppy, one of China's pups, Bear. She contracted Parvo and my sister couldn't afford the $3000-$4000 vet bill that it cost to have her saved and even then it was no gaurentee that she would survive and make it to a nice old age... Bear was only 4 months old.

Bear was a sweet puppy that loved to chew on your toes and lick your legs... she always thought that everything in your hand was something she could eat or chew. She loved to drop at your feet as your where walking and roll over for a tummy rub. She was a good friend and loved cuddles. She had been apart of our family since the day she was born... I watched her grow from this tiny little pup that fitted in the palm of my hand to this small-medium size dog that just loved to be all over you.

Parvo is a very contagious and very fatal deases that attacks the division of cells and because puppy cell division is at it highest in the intestines that is where they usually attack first. It is not something that can be treated quickly and tecqunically there is no cure for it. My sister said that within a few hours she had gone from just being lathargic and mopey to partically parilised, druly with internal bleeding. I am glad I didn't see her this way.

I miss having our four legged friends bantering outside and howling for our attention... I have no words to discribe my sorrow for my sister in loosing her baby Bear... She will be greatly missed and always loved.

So as you can tell this weekend pretty much sucked... life can't always go as smooth as you want it to.

Tonight I leave you with a picture of Bear in her memory who is now in a better place.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Astro... xxx I lost my darling puppy of 15 years in October last year and I still cry about her xxx And I hope your sister works out her woe's... Try and stay HAPPY... not long now until the little one is on the scene xxx HAPPY THOUGHTS xxx

Anonymous said...

Good post.