Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year - 5 Weeks 5 Days to go

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Being the first day of the first month of 2008 I have decided to do the usual new years resolutions etc... Like keep my Blog way more updated then I have in the last 3 months since I started it :).

Well Christmas is over and to be honest I am glad. Don't get me wrong I had a really nice Christmas but I think I am just tired right now being only 5 weeks and 5 days out from Baby being due.

I have had to stop work a week and 2 days earlier then I expected as my body is having trouble coping with the baby and all the things that I want to do so Baby has won and I just have to learn a lesson in patience and an application for doing things in bed. - Mental note to self be more fit and healthy before next baby and then maintain it during the pregnancy.

Though this time in bed has allowed me to read and get stuck into my Baby Shower invites that should have been out at least a week ago but will be lucky if they make it out this week. Why is it that all the cute stuff takes the longest to make... yes I am making them all and they require a lot of cutting out of small pieces... and yes I am aware that I am crazy but they will be well worth it in the end... even if no-one else appreciates them but me :)

My how 2007 has gone fast... I found that once I turned 18 I started to notice every year get faster and faster... and last year was no exception. I have great plans for this year and I feel that it will be a great year... well for starters my dearest sweetheart and eternal life mate, my Hubby and I will be celebrating our 2nd (I know only 2 - but it seams longer then that probably because of everything that we have been through together in the last 4 years together) Wedding Anniversary next week; We are expecting our first baby in Feb; I have my baby sister and one of my step-sisters getting married this year... and it is only Day 1 of 2008.

I have great plans for this year... I hope to discover myself again this time as a mother, I hope to face some personal fears and challenges, I hope to tap into the spiritual me once again, I hope to become a better wife and friend, I hope to be more charitable and give more service. I know there is a lot to do but I feel that with the birth of our baby that I will become empowered and find myself once again actually probably for the first time. I was afraid of being a mother and all the challenges that I would face like would I be able to cope; would I be a good mother; would my relationship with my Hubby change for the worse.... but as the time grows closer I see small positive changes that give me hope and courage. I see that my relationship with my DH is changing but it is getting stronger we are getting closer we are seeing each other in a different light and accepting that and using that as another reason to love each other. I am starting to see the blessing of motherhood and beginning to understand that there is nobility and divinity in my role as a mother. I am starting to feel I guess at times a little empowered by it... I hope and pray that this empowerment that I feel will continue once my beautiful baby is born and as we learn and go individually and together as a family.

I have to say that if still feels a little surreal still... even though I am waddling around with this huge belly. I don't think that it will be come really for me until I am holding him in my arms. I can't wait. I wish he would come now... not just so that I can hold me but for a number of other reasons too....

Well I better be off to bed as my Kankles (yes you heard right I have tree trunks as feet, ankles and legs at the moment) are huge and my eyes so wiry that I can't really seen the computer screen... but never fear I will be back soon

Night all hope this year holds all the wonders you desire and more.

love
Mandy xxx

No comments: