Saturday 28 March 2009

28/03/2009

Ok so much has happened that I am just going to basically bullet point them. So here goes.

 

·    Aiden got his 3rd tooth this week. He got sick on Saturday night and was really sick on Sunday even had a temp. of 38.8 degrees so that was a trip to the ER. Only to be told keep up the panadol and if he is worse in a couple of day bring him back… he didn’t get worse he got a tooth on Tuesday.

·    Aiden has started making new language sounds. They are so cute I have to and record them. It actually sounds like he is speaking a different language.

·    Yesterday morning he started biting down on his toast and ripping it so that the piece in his mouth wasn’t so big. He is growing and learning so fast.

·    Aiden has a new interest in books. He starting to realize that books have pictures and words too. We are not pausing long to look yet but we are occasionally noticing that there is something on the page we are turning instead of just turning the pages.

·    Aiden is climbing onto everything. As soon as he realizes that he can climb on it that’s it he is forever climbing on it.

·    Aiden is getting good at understanding words such as:

o   Bath: he will even go to the bath as soon as the word is mentioned

o   Shut: he knows what this means but is reluctant half the time to obey

o   Shoes

o   Sit

o   Stand

o   Open

·    Aiden is lifting his legs up so that we can put is pants on. He will even lift his feet so I can put his shoes on.

·    Michael is doing really well at TAFE. He is boarding on a Credit and Honors. I am very pleased with how well he is doing and the confidence it is given him.

·    We finally moved into our own place. All the boxes are unpacked bar 3, 2 of which are my scrapbooking stuff… I am waiting to get my desk back, which currently has the computer on it as the TV is on our computer desk. When we get enough money we will buy a new/newer entertainment unit as our old one won’t fit in this unit.

·    I am settling in really well with my new job. I really love it. Michael thinks it is because I am out of the house and out of my role as “Mum” that’s why I love it and he is probably right for the most part but I do like the people that I work with and the job it self. As for what I do, well I receipt all the money that students have to pay for excursions, camps, extra curricular activities, sports etc. I also help the other Admin staff member/receptionist and the schools Business Manager. I work 3 days a week from 8.30 to 3.30 Mondays and Wednesday and 8.30 to 3.00 Thursdays. Work is only about 1km away so I walk except when it is raining.

·    I went shopping on Thursday night to get myself a pair of pants for work and walked out with gray pants, a navy cord skirt, a light blue button up collard shirt, a jade ¾ sleeved shirt with a beautiful detailed round neck line, a jade knit vest, and a black knit vest. This time I got fitted properly and have cloths that fit. Michael said that I look big in some of the things that I tired on but I reminded him that I am big and I didn’t get those itemsJ I know that he loves me and just want me to feel good about myself.

·    I have my first Relief Society Scrapbooking class on this Tuesday coming. I hope that the sisters like it. At this stage I only have 5 coming. I am looking forward to it, though I do wish that more sisters would come.

·    Kimberly and I finally did our Visiting Teaching this month. Well for one sister anyway. We will visit with one of the other sisters on Sunday.

·    Mumma is in the Caribbean at the moment with Kisane on her cruises (2x 1 week cruises) I am so jealous. After she is finished the cruises she is going to Seattle to see Terry’s sister and husband and then to Canada to see Brie and Marc for a few days. All in all she will be away for 4 weeks. I miss her heaps and heaps I can’t wait till she gets back.

·    Kisane will finish her contact with this ship when Mumma and Terry go to Seattle so Kisane is going to Canada to see Brie and Marc for a few weeks then she is off to SA (South Africa) to be with Jerome for a few weeks. Finally get home about the beginning of May. She is not stopping long though, she will only be here a month and then she will be off again to a new ship with a new contract. I can’t wait to see her.

·    Last night Michael, Aiden and Me went to Steve (our cousin) and Chelsea’s engagement party. It was to go out. I had a great time catching up. It was sort lived though as Aiden was too much of a handful by the end. So we had to leave early really early which I was bummed about. But what do you do.

 

Well I think that is about it for the moment I have to go and entertain Aiden for awhile… he is really over tired and cranky but won’t go to sleep so hopefully he will go to bed early tonight.

 

 



Mandy

No comments: